Steven T. DiSegna, MD
SpecialtiesHip and Knee Replacement
North Chelmsford, Westford
Steven DiSegna, MD, is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hip and knee arthritis, general joint pain and problems after prior joint replacements. He regularly performs primary and revision hip and knee replacements, partial knee replacements, minimally invasive anterior approach total hip replacement, robotic surgery and outpatient total joint replacements. He also treats patients non-operatively utilizing conservative methods such as cortisone shots, viscosupplementation, physical therapy, weight management plans, etc.
Dr. DiSegna works with each patient to determine the correct diagnosis and discuss the appropriate non-operative and operative treatment options. He values shared decision making and ensures that his patients receive a personalized care plan based on their individual goals.
He has a particular interest in primary and revision hip and knee replacements, partial knee replacements, minimally invasive anterior total hip replacement, robotic joint replacements and outpatient joint replacements. He routinely performs outpatient surgeries on younger patients with no major medical issues who have a strong support system at home.
Dr. DiSegna completed his medical school training at Tufts University School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency training at UMass Memorial Medical Center and completed the Otto E. Aufranc Fellowship in Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction at New England Baptist Hospital.
He sees patients in North Chelmsford and Westford and is affiliated with Lowell General Hospital and Emerson Hospital in Concord.
His research has been published in multiple peer-reviewed medical journals. Dr. DiSegna is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association and the American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
AllWays Health Partners (formerly Neighborhood Health Plan / NHP)
Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts
Commonwealth Care Alliance
Tufts Health Plan
Orthopaedic Surgical Associates accepts most major insurance carriers and plans. Please see the list of accepted insurance carriers above. To confirm if we accept your specific plan, please contact our offices at (978) 454-0706 and have your insurance card available. Our team will be happy to provide additional information.
Otto E. Aufranc Fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery: New England Baptist Hospital
Tufts University School of Medicine
Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, Research Track: University of Massachusetts
Master of Science in Biomedical Science: Tufts University School of Medicine
Internship in General Surgery: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Bachelor of Science in Biology: Boston College
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Orthopaedic Surgery Board Certification
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association
- Lange J, DiSegna ST, Yang W, Li W, Franklin PD. Using Cluster Analysis to Identify Patient Factors Linked to Differential Functional Gains After Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2019 Aug 23; PMID: 31530461.
- DiSegna ST, Kelley TD, DeMarco DM, Patel AR. Effects of ACGME Duty Hour Regulations on Clinical Preparedness of First Year Orthopaedic Attendings: A Survey of Senior Orthopaedic Surgeons. J Surg Orthop Adv. Spring 2018; 27(1) 42-46, PMID: 29762115.
- Smith EL, DiSegna ST, Shukla PY, Matzkin, EG. Barbed Versus Traditional Sutures: Closure Time, Cost, and Wound Related Outcomes in Total Joint Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2014;29(2):283-7, PMID: 24275262.